What a holiday gift: I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by LilLadyinGiantBrain. I thank you very much for this distinction, which happens right at my first anniversary of blogging.
It has been an interesting and a surprising year. I didn’t expect to hear from people in foreign countries or people from all over the United States. The internet is an amazing tool of communication.
Here are the rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Other bloggers I would like to nominate for the Versatile Blogger award include:
1) The Middlest Sister
2) The Kitchens Garden
3) How The Hell Did I End Up Here?
4) Words Worth Millions
5) Easy Tips for Business Wrietrs
6) All Write
8)Life As A Modern Wife
Some Things About Me:
1) I legally changed my name. My mom loved unusual names and named me a name I hated. When I got to college a new friend said, “You can’t go through life with a name like that,” and she dubbed me “Ronnie,” which stuck.
2) I am an excellent driver with instantaneous reflexes. So when I drove into an icy skid, causing my car to flip over, when I drove over an embankment into a creek, and when an illegally parked bus caused me to drive too close to it and scrape the entire side of my car, I can explain. Those were extenuating circumstances.
3) I have lived in Queens, Chicago, Baltimore, and West Point, before Morristown begged me to settle here.
4) I love parades and get a lump in my throat every time the music starts.
5) I have a pat answer to the comment,”You’re funny.” My response? “Looks aren’t everything.”
6) I have worked in many jobs. Starting as a speech therapist I moved to aerobic dance instructor, biofeedback trainer, teacher of English as a second language, and Director of Power Presentations, a company that trains executives to present speeches in public.
7) My writing group is “Women Who Write, a state wide group of women writers, for which I serve as co-coordinator of the Madison Branch.
8) In have to live a long time because there are too many stories whose endings I must find out.
Comments on: "The Versatile Blogger Award" (19)
To tell you the teuth, I was passing around and come across your site. It is wonderful. I mean as a content and design. I added you to my list and decided to spent the rest of the weekend browsing. Well done!
I am a long time watcher and I just believed I’d drop by and say hello for that first time. I truly appreciate your posts. Thank you http://www.ctctradeshows.com
Congratulations on The Versatile Blogger Award! Sorry I’m blowing up your blog with comments but I had to comment on this one. I teach English for high school and I recently started a writing group called Young Women Writing for a Change. I would love to hear about how your writing group works, what you all do when you meet, etc. Congrats again!
Thanks you for your comments. Sure: ‘glad to help. Our writing group meets every two weeks. Each member brings a piece she wrote, and a copy for each of the members to follow along as she reads it. Then we take a few minutes to write comments. Each person reads her comments: always constructive criticism. We make suggestions about how to strengthen the piece, correct any grammatical errors, rearrange some paragraphs, and are encouraging to each writer. Then the reader collects the papers from each member including the comments to review at her leisure. Please let me know how your new group works out.
Congratulations to you – I came over via cooking-spree´s blog and so glad I did. By the way, I´d hire you – (it was my grown up job to do this for other people in my not so distant past!)….I like people who will try anything (legal) and make a go of it! Looking forward to popping back soon for a good look around. Happy New Year to you.
Thank your, Chica. Welcome to the blog and I look forward to having you join us.
Ronnie – congratulations to you!! And thank you so much for nominating my site for the Versatile Blogger Award! Yours was the last gift I opened on Christmas! How serendipitous was that?! Thank you too for leaving such thoughtful comments when you visit. it’s a pleasure to have “met” you. Keep up the good work Ronnie and have a beautiful New Year! Spree
Not sure why this showed up as anonymous Ronnie. It’s me, spree! Thanks again so much!
Your posts are so enjoyable, Spree. I hope this Versatile Blogger Award brings you many more readers.
Ronnie: Thanks so much for nominating my blog for an award. I am really touched. Hope you had a fabulous Christmas. All the best.
…and thanks to you for all the happy reading times you have given me!
You are a very busy woman in that case, thanks for the award, have a good day. It is such a pleasure to know you.. Merry Christmas! c
Not really busy. I did only one at a time.
If I looked at my resume and was hiring someone for my company I would NOT hire me, Miss move-around-to-a more interesting work experience.
The information about the VBA is on my blogsite now….
You did it. You didn’t need my help.
Thank you for nominating me. It is an honour.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you.
Thank you so much; and congratulations to you, too for your VB award.
Congrats!!! : )
Thanks for your good wishes. I am very excited about receiving my first recognition as a blogger.
Congrats on your well deserved award! I know I have been enjoying the versatility of your blog and look forward to enjoying more of it.
Thanks for your comment and good wishes.
May new ideas keep coming in 2012, and may they be funny ones!